OUR ATRINA JOURNEY

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Recent cooks

I've been such a slacker in the kitchen recent 2 or 3 weeks. It's rather depressing since I still go for my marketing per routine, still buying the same poultry, seafood etc. AND still stay home most days! Only took pics of the more presentable food I managed to dish up.

Discovered this Eu Yan Sang Bak Kut Teh pack last month when they had a fair at Compass Point. I love convenience packs like this :)



Chicken drumstick with udon soup for me...
Very simple to cook. I reduced the water indicated on the box by 1/6 and dumped in few pcs of 当归片and some 枸杞子and boiled slightly longer than the instructions. Added some salt and dark soy sauce when almost done. Simple and nutritious dinner served.



Pork ribs for K. Of course the udon-hater had rice instead. The pork ribs made the soup very oily. Can see the layer of oil there?



An improved version of long bean omelette. I have done this quite many times but recently saw the recipe posted by noobcook and decided to try it. She fried some minced garlic before frying the long beans. I think it made the dish taste better. Chilli padi for photograhpy purpose. I removed them right after photo taking cuz K can't take it. He asked me why the omelette like very hot huh. Haha now after seeing this pic I think he should know.



炒米粉with cabbage. I think my close friends should know that I HATE beansprouts very much so my 炒米粉shall always have cabbage instead of that.



With curry vegetable over it.



Auntie Jo's Deluxe Breakfast Set :P
Happy or not? Oily and unhealthy... Well this wasn't intended. Made this to clear my fridge of those leftover ingredients. No chance to go out for nice brunch so bluff myself with this. By the way K and I shared this plate cuz that's all I have in the fridge.

No comments: