OUR ATRINA JOURNEY

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another try at Mineral Makeup

What do you do when you feel bored in your workplace?
MSN? Blog? Visit forum? Chat with your colleagues?
Me can't do any of the above so I had to look for other alternatives.
Shopping online would be nice since the USD rates are so in our favour now.
Thing is, I can't do it as often as I would like to.
So I took the plunge and ordered samples from Everyday Minerals.
Was apprehensive about ordering from them as I'm quite sick of ordering foundation online due to unfamiliar with shades.
EM was one of the few e-tailers that offers a free sample (3 foundation shades, 1 blush and 1 concealer).
You'll only have to pay USD5 for postage.
Mine arrived almost 4 weeks after I ordered.
The contents:
It's great that even the samples come with a sifter.
It came with a hardcopy colour chart. Something that the now defunct Twist Fayte does not provide.
How to apply it:
Step 1: Sift a little in a small sauce plate
I got mine from household dept at Bugis BHG. About $2 and it's totally worth it!
Step 2: Swirl kabuki till it picks up all the powder
Step 3: Brush gently on face. Repeat the procedure till you are satisfied with the coverage.
The shades I chose are slightly too brown for me.
Blush is a little too orangey. Have not tried the colour corrector yet.
Ordered another sample kit within the next few days together with the mini kabuki.
Awaiting it's arrival. Especially mini kabuki :)

No comments: